Thatch - the effect of a small roof pitch
1. Replacement of thatch is often necessary if, for example, a small angle of inclination of the roof. In this case, on the roof, after a few years, the pressure bars are visible. This is the last signal that it's time to think about replacing the coverage. The consequence of the surface degradation, the most important layer of thatch is the penetration of rainwater into the lower layers, which when damp creates an excellent environment for the development of the decay process. During larger rainfall water also penetrates lower, causing destruction of the structure!
We start the process of exchanging thatch from dropping the old cover layer. After removing the entire thatch, you can assess the technical condition of the wooden structure - if the exchange takes place too late and it must be at least repaired or reinforced in places, and sometimes it should be made from scratch. In this case, we managed - the structure was in good condition, although with a drawback of a too small angle of inclination ... Correction of the roof shape with patches and thickened reed helped to lift it slightly, and the final effect can be seen in the picture below:
Replacing thatch destroyed by moss
2. Sometimes, the reason for the need to replace thatch is to leave it to moss. The moss produces the same effect as too small roof pitch - it keeps the water from rain. While the roof covered with moss can enchant you with its charm, leaving it on the roof in the perspective of several years causes that it ceases to fulfill its basic function - under the leaking roof you can not live. The consequence of less obvious is the increase in renovation costs, when the roof structure has been damp for a long time. Let's care for that that is free of moss
Well ... in a very comfortable situation you need to find positive aspects - during the overhaul of the roof you can take care that he approached modern standards: strengthen peaks, fire protection of the structure, modernize the attic transforming them into living rooms with windows, add a chimney for the fireplace whether to make a new entrance by adding stairs. The new thatched roof will only be the culmination of a reasonably designed modernization, thanks to which your home will take on a new shine.
Change of cover - to thatch
3. The unique prestige of thatch sometimes leads even owners of houses with roofs covered with tiles to change the concept. As in the case of the previous modernization, the investor took the opportunity to improve the building's shape and proportions of individual elements. Unfortunately, it was necessary to renovate the wooden structure, and the new way of using the building (hotel) imposed the necessity to perform a full fire protection in the form of chimney adaptation, construction insulation and surface impregnati
You have probably noticed unusual window treatments - this way of execution was supposed to provide maximum light access - a board border extending outwards and a horizontal orifice from thatch that fancifully goes sideways. Replacement of the cover was part of the preparation for the opening of the gastronomic and hotel complex. A year later, in 2005, the building was named the Pearl of Danish Architecture, commemorating the brass memorial plaque placed at that time. It is a pity that it was not mentioned on the performers ... from Poland
If you order a replacement of thatch
We offer a replacement of thatched roofing. We recommend contact even when the thatch fulfills its functions! In order to cooperate, please send the required information:
- roof surface;
- type of object;
- required security;
- planned date and time of completion;
- contact (telephone, address);
The term of the order depends on its time-consuming - it may be necessary to book a free time allowing for the execution of the order.
The cost of replacing thatch is dependent:
- from the size of the thatched surface;
- on the number of windows, chimneys, etc .;
- from the scope of work to be carried out (construction, security, insulation, etc.);
We issue invoices. We provide up to 10-year warranty for works made from scratch by our company!